contemporary tv stands
There are many unlike TV stands on offer for consumers. Each style and design can offer different advantages and disadvantages. To help you choose the right for your living areas here is a quick guide to the main options available.
This is one of the most popular options on the market. Glass s have been around for a few years now but still offer a very contemporary appeal. This means you should be able to find a glass TV stand to suit almost any type of modern home design.
- Widely available
- Range of sizes, styles and designs to choose from
- Contemporary looks
- Good ventilation (most models ar open back)
- Easy to clean
- May not suit traditional style homes
- Glass shelves are typically fixed and non-adjustable
- Poor cable direction systems
- Coloured glass designs can show the dust
Real Wood TV Stands
made from real wood such as pine, oak, beech and cherry can offer a touch of luxury to rooms. There are many different types of real wood available but these do tend to have a more traditional style.
- Offers a sense of natural luxury to rooms
- Options available that can match existent furniture
- Long lasting and durable
- Easy to clean
- Not as affordable as other options on the market
- Can be heavy and difficult to move around
- Shelves can be fixed and non-adjustable
- Some closed cabinet designs offer poor ventilation
- Surfaces can scratch easily
Laminate TV Stands
Laminate is a good choice if you are on a tight budget. This type of TV stand is widely available and typically comes in flat pack kits. This is ideal for people who live in flats who do not want to have to carry heavy furniture up flights of stairs.
- Offers a contemporary feel
- Designs can be crafted to look like real wood
- Affordable and easy to assemble
- Adjustable shelving
- Good ventilation
- Easy to clean and maintain
- May non support the weight of heavy television equipment
- Not as long lasting as other options on the market
- Can be difficult to move (this weakens joints)
Choosing TV Stands
If you are looking for make sure you consider the options available and how they could benefit you. You will need to think about your budget, how much space you have available and your room style. Also consider what type of television you have. Older style televisions can be very heavy so you will need to choose a more robust stand that can take the extra weight.
Articles Source : contemporary tv stands
So you don’t want to screw all your home theater equipment to the wall? That’s completely understandable. Techcraft has an elegant, classy solution to your problems. While some TV stands look good in the store, it’s hard to decide what will match your decor correctly. The HBL60 combines sturdy construction with elegance. Whether you’ve got a TV and a satellite box or other components, this is the perfect stand for the job. Heavy-gauge diamond shaped tubing provides the strength and durability you want for your home theater equipment.
- 60-inch flat-panel television stand
- Fits most 60-inch and smaller flat-panel televisions
- Heavy gauge diamond shaped tubing for strength and durability
- Brilliant black silkscreen glass matches many flat-panel televisions
- 19.75″ H x 59.25″ W x 19.75″ D